Your wedding is a long and a beautiful journey, and is probably the most important occasion of your lifetime. You need to ensure that everything is perfect as there is no room for mistake in your special occasion. The following are a few tips which you should consider while choosing a wedding venue:
1. Date: Before you make any decision on the selection of the venue, it is extremely important and crucial to know the exact date you expect on getting married. The reason for this is the cost varies at different times of the year, and hence the time of the year can dictate the actual cost. You need to make sure that you do not get yourself restricted to only one date; you should at least decide a few dates just in case of any un expected and unwanted events taking place at the time you want to get married.
2. Venues come in all sorts of sizes and shapes. There are contemporary hotels, castles, marquee venues, rural wedding venues and the list goes on. People often look for an elegant wedding venue which could be made adaptable for each and every season. You always need to ask to yourself: What are the minimum number of guests? What is the minimum and the maximum capacity? You also need to ask questions regarding accessibility, blessing or civil facilities, late bar, bridal suite, accommodation, car parking, location from where the photographs can be taken etc.
3. Decorations: It is more likely that the type of venue that you pick will dictate it's own decor. However, if you want to add some special type of touches or if your believe that ''less is more'' for you, the best and the safest option is to go to a venue with a neutral decor. For example, you could use gold and ivory tonnes. This could allow you to math the theme of your color or keep is as it is. At the same, fairly light back drops have become increasingly popular. You also need to consider favours for the big day, what type do you want? Personalised Favors, Crystal, most people try and find them to fit in with there over all wedding theme.
4. Cost: This is the most crucial part.You need to meet with your wedding coordinator and get the estimate of the full cost that you are going to incur. You should always see if there is room to negotiate. You should chose a package that has everything included, be it entertainment, cake, car, day flowers and all other venue items. An all-inclusive package can save a lot of time and cost, being it's biggest advantage. Simultaneously, you should always look for any hidden charges or costs in the ''all inclusive pack.''
5. Wedding and Service Coordinator: The wedding and the service coordinator has a huge role to play in your wedding experience. The more professional, approachable and experienced the wedding coordinator is, the better you are more likely to feel through out your experience.
6. Food: Food is crucial for any wedding. You should ensure that you select something which is appealing to majority of your guests. You should also check if you could cater for children, vegetarians and all other dietary requirements.